Professional Counselling for Stockport, Cheshire & Manchester
A very warm welcome to my site.
Starting counselling is often quite a scary prospect. You may already feel overwhelmed by the sheer number of therapists available in your local area- what do the different qualifications and approaches mean? Who is most experienced? Who will be able to help me the best?
Although there are many different types of therapy to choose from research tells us that the most important factor in determining a successful client outcome is the quality of the therapeutic relationship (Norcross, 2002; Elkins, 2016; Martin et al, 2002).
I am a warm, professional, down-to-earth, experienced and highly qualified therapist who loves what she does.
- You know your problems inside out but can’t seem to resolve them.
- Your relationship isn’t going well and you don’t know how to fix it.
- Talking things through with others hasn’t helped.
- You struggle to communicate your needs (or maybe don’t know what they are).
- You’re doing your best but can’t seem to unlock your full potential.
- You become easily overwhelmed by your feelings and aren’t able to control them.
Read some of their client feedback here.
By seeing something in a new way or simply trying something different, it makes sense that the outcome will also be different. Therapy is about helping you broaden your current awareness and find the answers just outside your reach.
We all need a helping hand from time to time so let’s get started – I am trained to help you solve your problems.
To book your free consultation call 07545 339 175 or click here
☑️ Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (MBACP) Reg. No. 202917 ☑️ Qualified Postgraduate ☑️ Listed on the Professional Standards Authority Accredited Register ☑️ Registered at Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) ☑️ DBS Certificate ☑️ Fully insured ☑️ Trauma-informed practice
Referrals accepted: self-referral, GP/ clinical settings, Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP), private health insurance.
As featured in:
Professional Counselling and Psychotherapy for individuals and couples in Stockport, Cheshire and Manchester. Online/ telephone sessions also available.
- Norcross, J. (2002). Psychotherapy relationships that work. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Elkins D.N. (2016) The Human Elements of Psychotherapy: A Nonmedical Model of Emotional Healing. American Psychological Association Press.
- Martin, D. J., Garske, J. P., & Davis, M. K. (2000). Relation of the therapeutic alliance with outcome and other variables: A meta-analytic review. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 68(3), 438-450. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.68.3.43